ViPNet Coordinator for Windows
ViPNet Coordinator is a software security gateway for Microsoft Windows.
ViPNet Coordinator, in combination with other ViPNet Network Security products, implements many data protection options:
- Secure communication between different offices of a company (site-to-site and multi site-to-site)
- Protected access for remote and mobile users
- Communication with ViPNet networks of other organizations
- Multiservice networks protection (including IP telephony and videoconferencing)
- Differentiated data access in local networks and segmented local networks (for example, when creating a DMZ)
- Secure controlled access to the Internet
- Controlled access of users from public network to corporate resources and services.
- Unlimited number of concurrent connections
established through the ViPNet Coordinator
for Windows security gateway
- Support of modern multiservice data networks and full compatibility with:
- DHCP, WINS, and DNS services
- Dynamic address translation (NAT, PAT)
- Multimedia protocols (SIP, H323, SCCP and others)
- The ViPNet Administrator software suite as the encryption key generation center
- Improved reliability of the coordinator if deployed as a failover cluster (in the Linux version).
A server in a ViPNet protected network
- ViPNet VPN gateway: providing encryption and authenticating the encrypted packets
- IP address server: informing ViPNet hosts about access parameters of other hosts
- VPN packet router: routing and integrity check of encrypted IP packets sent between private network segments
- Traffic masking due to encapsulating the traffic to UDP and TCP
Traffic filtering (firewall)
- A stateful firewall with application protocol inspection. Separate traffic filtering rules for unencrypted and encrypted IP traffic
- Secure Internet Access (ensuring that the computers of the corporate LAN have secure access to the Internet)
- Proxy server.
- Failover cluster: failsafe coordinator in the ViPNet Failover configuration (in the Linux version).
Configuration and Management
- Remote configuration of ViPNet Coordinator via ViPNet Administrator or web interface. To configure ViPNet Coordinator for Linux, you can also use the Linux console or web interface
- Remote update of the ViPNet Coordinator software via ViPNet Administrator
- Local configuration via the graphical user interface (in the Windows version) or console (in the Linux version)